Monday, January 02, 2006

Sean O'Hair, my "young buck" of the bunch

I chose Sean O'Hair with my second pick. This young man is polished, has a win under his belt, and the drive and determination to do very well on the tour. I don't personally believe he'll be the least bit affected by a "sophomore slump".

As he is only a second year PGA player, he carried a very low selection rank, easily overlooked by the other team owners.

Here's why I like him on my team. He's one of the longest drivers on tour. He also made a very high percentage of cuts (82.8%). He is also ranked as my second best ball striker (Tiger's #1 on my team). I expect Sean will play a fairly heavy schedule, having made 29 starts last year. His birdie/bogie ratio is 1.36 meaning he makes more birdies than bogies, and that's always good.

He finished his rookie year ranked #38 on the money list and was named "Rookie of the Year". I expect him to rank well within the top 30 this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home