Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Bob Hope Chrysler Classic was AWESOME!

Thanks to Chad Campbell, I'm in the hunt for league leadership... just 3.5 points back of the leader.

Last week's team came through nicely with 5 of my 6 players still playing on Sunday. Only Sean O'Hair failed to make the cut.

Looking at the weekly (period) standings, I won that hands down.

I'm finally figuring out this "points" thingy... We play for a total of 80 points each week. There are 8 teams and 10 different stats, 1 put, Birdie, 300yd Drives, Fairways Hit, Greens Hit, Bounce Back, Successful Scrambles, Eagles, Money, and Scoring Average.

While it would be nice to lead in all the categories, I just don't see that happening. And that... is where the fun begins.

At the Chrysler Classic, my team led in only one category, Fairways Hit. I scored the full 8 points for my team of 6 hitting 270 fairways over 5 rounds of golf. Fairways hit applies only to par 4 and par 5 holes. At the Chrysler Classic, the players played 5 rounds over 4 different courses. My guys averaged 9 fairways hit per round.
Generally there are 12 to 14 available fairways per round.

My team came in second, scoring 7 points, in Greens Hit, Money, Scoring Average, and Successful Scrambles.

They garnered third place in one putt, birdie, and eagle stats.

Now, I don't consider long driving to be THE most important statistic. It shows as my guys came in 4th in that category. This next week that will change a bit as Fred Funk is not playing, and Tiger Woods is playing his first tournament of the year.

The lowest stat for my team is bounce back. I think I like that. You see, bounce back is a stat that tracks how well you've done after a bogey. I'd rather my guys not have bogeys.

So, here are the standings... overall, I'm in second with 64.5 points. The leader has 68 points. Look for that to change this week.

More to come as I reveal my picks for the Buick Open.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home