Monday, January 21, 2008

Fun in the desert... all six of my guys played on Sunday!

One of these weeks, I'm gonna pick a winner!

Once again, all six of my guys played on the final day. They just needed less competition and a few more holes to climb to the top.

All kidding aside...

Top finisher was Vaughn Taylor with 700 FedEx Cup points. He was followed by Robert Allenby with 606 points. Scott Verplank garnered 250 points. The other three finished far back in the pack. Heath Slocum had 76 points, Chad Campbell had 60 points, and Lucas Glover ended up with 53 points.

Even with the mediocre scores, I moved up in the standings, now in 1834th place. The other guy in my league continues to move up, too. He's broken into the top 1000 at 839.

My goal for this next week is to end up with a total points (for the season) in five figures. Actually I'd like to move from 9139 points to better than 11,000.

Stay tuned for my picks at the Buick Invitational at Torrey Pines. I just peeked, and it's kind of a "no brainer"... I see Tiger's in the field and on my pick list. Ok, off to feed my sheep, then return and do this week's picks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Average Golfer said...

Keep Justin Rose in mind when he plays in the States. I think he's ready for a break out year. Good luck!

Bob

6:28 PM  
Blogger Shari Thomas said...

Hi Bob,

I've always like Justin Rose. Unfortunately, we're limited to selecting 6 golfers from about 30 that the Fantasy Game folks post.

I'm not sure what criteria they're using to create the groups. I'll be discussing that a bit as we go along.

Thanks for the read and support.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home