Monday, January 07, 2008

What a tournament finish!

Too bad none of my guys were in the playoff.

That's ok. Now that I understand how this game is being played this year, I'll make more intelligent choices.

This year I have to select one player from each of the six groups whom I believe will come in first in that group, as well as finish highest in the final standings. The only score that matters is the FedEx Cup point total.

With that said, here's how my guys fared.

Jim Furyk finished T5 and collected 913 points. He mounted a charge on Saturday, but just couldn't keep pace with Steve Stricker and Daniel Chopra (the eventual winner) on Sunday.

Charles Howell went way low on Sunday, but it was too little, too late as he finished T8 and collected 750 FedEx points.

Mark Calcavecchia was my last player in the top ten. He finished T10 and collected 650 FedEx points. Would you believe he was a full six shots off the lead at 12 under par?

My remaining guys finished as follows.

Chad Campbell was T12 and collected 525 FedEx points.

Scott Verplank had a rough go of it this week after getting into a rules discussion, which he lost. He finished T18 and collected 363 FedEx points.

Completing my team, Fred Funk finished T25 and collected 210 FedEx points. I knew Freddie didn't really have a chance when the weather turned wet, as his driving distance (short) puts him at a real disadvantage on this long course.

For all my team's effort, I finished in 5584 place with 3411 points. Another dude in my league beat me soundly... but, don't look for that to happen again.

The #1 team garnered 10765 points. Anyone who had Daniel Chopra, the winner got 4500 points. If they had Steve Stricker, too... they got 2700 points. Steven Ames, in third brought home 1700 points and Mike Weir in fourth earned 1200 points.

The maximum points available for the top six positions was 11926 FedEx points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home