Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sliding down the board a bit...

Gee, I had four guys playing all through the weekend... and dropped clear to 4th, 6 points out of first place.

So much for last week's stratgey.

This week, I'm playing my "hot" players. Forget whether or not their the "undroppables".

Whatever points these guys can muster up will be greatly appreciated.

There's only one cure for what ails this team... these guys have to each play better. They've got to find more fairways, reach more greens in regulation, and put more balls in the hole in less than two putts.

So, how do I think my "hot" guys stack up?

Charles Howell III is ranked #2 in the FedEx Cup run and #15 in the world. He hits the ball a long ways, but only finds the fairway 52.62% of the time. He hits the green in regulation 68.58% of the time and his putting average is 1.76.

Paul Goydos is ranked #9 in the FedEx Cup run and #42 in the world. He doesn't hit the ball a long ways, but he does find the fairway 71.88% of the time. He hits the green in regulation 64.29% of the time and his putting average is 1.757.

Henrik Stenson is ranked #10 in the FedEx Cup run and #5 in the world. He hits the ball longer than Goydos, but not as long as Howell. He finds the fairway 57.14% of the time. He hits the green in regulation 63.89% of the time and his putting average is 1.739.

Geoff Ogilvy is ranked #15 in the FedEx Cup run and #8 in the world. He hits the ball longer than Stenson and finds the fairway 55.47% of the time. He hits the green in regulation 64.51% of the time and his putting average is 1.837.

I don't see gaining points in the 300 yd drive category, as my team is 11 drives behind the next position. The team behind me is 10 drives back.

When it comes to driving accuracy, I have a chance to regain a point if my team can hang it together. My team is .2% behind the next team. I could use a little help from them... suppose they could miss the fairways?

Greens in regulation is where I should gain a point or more as there is .03% to the next point and .2% to the point after that. My team this week will have to play above their average to gain ground as I show a current team average greens in regulation of 65.04%.

I could see improvement in the scrambling percentage, although that's an indication that your team isn't having great success with greens in regulation.

This team shows great promise for moving up a point in putting, if... and that's a big IF, they putt to at least their average, if not slightly better.

Lastly, I could gain a quick point or two with a couple of eagles.

Total birdies, sand saves, and FedEx points take care of themselves with solid play... and all four guys playing on Saturday and Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home