Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Bulletin! Always return and check your team...

Good thing I make it a habit of checking the final field for a tournament.

This morning I discovered Ryuji Imada has chosen not to play this week. You see, final commitments aren't made until about 48 hours before tournament start time.

Doug LaBelle II is now on my team. There's something about this years rookies... they're much more seasoned, some having toiled for years on the Nationwide Tour, which is not cakewalk. I released Bo Van Pelt even though he has a higher "all around" than Brett Quigly.

Why would I do that? Well, Brett has demonstrated that he can play, and he also has made statements this year about wanting to win, rather than just place. I've not heard from Bo on the subject.

I know y'all think I'm crazy to sit Brett down this week, since he's made statements about how much he loves Pebble, and how he's made the cuts a couple of times, I believe he's still having issues with staying "in the moment" and not being too hard on himself.

So, what do LaBelle's stats look like? He has a 60.48% driving accuracy and is ranked 55th in all around stats. He also has a very good putting stat, and that is critical at Pebble Beach, as it is one of the most difficult courses for making putts.

One other thing, I said weather shouldn't be much of an issue... Wrong, it is expected to be rainy and probably windy, too. The good news is that it's been dry for a while, so maybe it will remain quite playable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home