Monday, February 05, 2007

Buick Invitational and Tiger Woods is playing...

What a difference a year makes. This year someone else has the Tiger on their team. I'm really ok with that as I had him on my team last year.

There's no doubt he's the greatest golfer on the tour, but because he plays so few times a year on the PGA Tour, you have to have a very strong supporting team to take real advantage of his strengths.

This year I'll be surprised if he plays enough to have a serious impact on the fantasy game.

Made my first roster change. Dropped Ryan Palmer in favor of John Daly. While John is having to rely on sponsor's exemptions this year, he could get hot and provide welcome points in the driving distance as well as short game (100 yds). Then again, he could blow up and be of little value. I'll keep him around for a little while.

My active players for the Buick Invitational include John Daly, Jose Maria Olazabal, Brett Quigly, and Charles Howell III.

Once again, only two of the four made it to the weekend.

The guys with the most experience, Daly and Olazabal didn't make the cut leaving just Howell and Quigly to do battle with Tiger Woods.

Howell gave his all and provided a lot of points as Quigly sort of faded. That's ok, he provided much needed points throughout the four days.

By tournament end, I had climbed to fourth position overall and felt ready to make a charge to the top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home