Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Here we go... the Florida Golf Swing

With a whole new location, this should be a very interesting week.

My "franchise players" are sitting out. Stuart Appleby made an early exit at the Accenture WGC Match Play Tournament, while Geoff Ogilvy battled both the elements and some very worthy opponents before losing in a playoff to Henrik Stenson.

This week, I'm concentrating on lowering my putting average. Most of my stats are "safe" from erosion, so time to bring up the point level... after all, I'm only .003 behind the next point break.

My team is a mix between some "young guns" and some veterans. All have proven their worth on the Nationwide tour or have spent years toiling in the shadows of Tiger and others.

Heath Slocum is having a breakout year. So far this year, he's played in four tournaments and has finish no lower than 44th and has two "top 10" finishes. He's also ranked 10th in putting stats.

Ryuji Imada is consistently making it to the weekend. While he doesn't have stellar stats, having him play all four rounds is most important.

Craig Kanada is also doing well each tournament, and has a very good putting average. He's made the cut in all five tournaments and has had top 25 finishes in 3, missing the other two by just a couple of spots.

Doug LaBelle's length helps me defend the driving points. I also expect his putting average will improve as we make the Florida swing.

At this time, I'm in first place by 4 points and feel that with solid play, I can maintain points while hopefully picking up points in the putting stats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home