Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Wow, I'm still in 1st place...

After a thorough butt-kicking this last week, I was amazed to find myself hanging onto 1st place by .5 points.

Seems PGA National ate everyone's lunch last week.

Ok, some very quick observations... Ryuji Imada is riding my bench for a while... I'm sorry, unless you're injured, you play the game. I wasn't crazy about his withdrawl after going 6 over on the front nine and then quitting.

Others on my team kept playing despite their issues with the course, the wind, and the water.

This week's line up emphasizes putting strength again, as that is where I can gain the most points.

Paul Goydos brings accuracy, and strong putting skills. Additionally, as a winner this year, he knows the feeling.

Charles Howell III brings length, strong putting skills and the same winning knowledge.

I really like Doug LaBelle's scrappiness... he just doesn't quit. Last week he played his heart out to come from 43rd and finsh T-13th.

I'll play Steve Stricker for the first time this year. Last week he played very well and I would expect him to continue. His putting skills and low scoring average are welcome additions.

The only thing left is for these guys to play like I know they can. This week's test will be nearly as difficult as last week. With the Florida "breezes", the courses toughen considerably. Previous PODS Tournament's have been played in the fall, and having lived in Florida, I can attest to the difference between spring and fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home