Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Final Tune-up before the Masters...

This week we're playing the Shell Houston Open and most of the "super-stars" are taking the week off in preparation for the Masters in Augusta next week.

My guys played honorably last week in a tournament that Tiger OWNS. Three of the four were in "high money" and managed to move me up in the rankings again. I climbed all the way to second just three points out of the lead.

So, what do this week look like?

I'm playing my "hot hands" from the West Coast Swing. That means I'm playing Craig Kanada, Doug LaBelle II, Brandt Snedeker, and Steve Stricker.

Here's what I expect from their play this week.

Craig Kanada isn't a long-hitter, so I don't expect points from him on 300+ yard drives. He does put the ball in the fairway 65.03% of the time, so will be looking for contribution to my driving accuracy pct., which is currently 60.83%. With a putting avg of 1.759 he should also contribute in that area. I'm only .003% away from another point in putting.

Doug LaBelle II is another of my "accuracy pro's". He won't provide any 300+ yd drives, but should help with the driving accuracy as he's currently showing a 68.44% avg for staying in the short grass. His putting average matches Craig's and his greens in regulation is slightly above my current standing.

Brandt Snedeker continues to play well. As long as he plays to at least his averages, and makes the cut, I'll be very pleased.

Steve Stricker is my "wylie coyote" of the week. With a third place finish at the Shell Open last year, and then an amazing run after that, I'll be asking him to once again step up to the plate and carry my team. This year's stats aren't really indicative of what he can do... and since he's doing his final tune-up for his first Masters appearance in five years, I'd expect him to really be honing his edge.

Standings wise I need to defend points in driving accuracy, putting, and stroke average. I could gain points in total sand saves (difference of 4 saves), eagles (tied with 10) and the next level is 11. I could move up one more time in putting with really solid play by all four on my team. If they all continue to the weekend, I could also move up the board in stroke play average.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home