Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Pebble Beach, one of the most beautiful courses...

Here we go, it's ATT Pro-Am time At Pebble Beach. What a wild and crazy time!

This crazy tournament is like several tournaments in one... you play on four different courses, and the low amateurs play right along with the pros on the weekend.

Let's hope I do better this week.

This week, I really like Phi Mickelson. He's won this tournament multiple times, and and aside from 2006 when he was "re-tooling", he's finished well. I chose him over Justin Leonard, Daniel Chopra, D. J Trahan, and J. B. Holmes.

In the second group, it's a tough choice between Brandt Snedeker and Kevin Sutherland. I'm choosing Brandt Snedeker this week based on his playing confidence at the FBR Open. My other choices were Steve Elkington, Steve Marino, and Kevin Na.

Group 3 is all about Jim Furyk who has the right temperament and game. He's finished well there several times. My other choices include Mike Weir, Nick Watney, and first-timer's Dustin Johnson, and Chez Reavie.

I'm selecting Mark Wilson for my Group 4 player. He's playing a little steadier than the remaining golfers in that group. The guys I'll leave on the bench are Hunter Mahan, Pat Perez, Charlie Hoffman, and Tom Pernice, Jr.

Jonathon Byrd played well enough this past week to make my team again this week. He's finished as high as third in a past year. My benched players include Vijay Singh, Ryan, Moore, Charlie Wii, and Parker McLachlin.

Briny Baird rounds out my team for this weekend. He showed a lot of spunk this past weekend. My benched players include Jeff Quinny, Brian Gay, Matt Jones, and Brett Rumford.

Now, if the amateur teams just don't get in the way... and my guys play well, like they know what they're doing.

2 Comments:

Blogger john - from fat to fit said...

I had the good fortune of being able to be at Pebble for 2 rounds of the 2000 US Open eventually won by Tiger by 15 shots. Man, would I love to play that course. So gorgeous.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Shari Thomas said...

Hi John,

That's just awesome! I missed Tiger when he was in town in '96 for his last Amateur Championship.

I did get to work the LPGA Women's Open at Pumpkin Ridge in Oregon, and saw the Safeway Classic a couple times.

To date, I've not made it to a PGA event, and now that I'm in SW Utah... it's probably not gonna happen.

So, I play Fantasy Golf and watch on the TV and dream.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home